Tampa Winter 2018/Spring 2019

Fri 1/4/19

Hopefully the New Year stops the slide:

Race 1
$20 win #4 Well Composed 4-1
$1P3 4/ALL/4,5
Was on this one last out, and horse totally blew the break. That was second off the layoff, so should be sharp today off what was a public workout.

Race 6
$20 win #1 Captured Beauty 8-1
Three strong suits here for Arboritanza. Second start of meet, stretchout, and drop in class. Was too ambitiously placed first time out in a Stake. Tough way to start a career.

Race 8
$20 win #8 Royalty for Life 10-1
$2 Ex 8/ALL
$2 DD 8/9
A couple of strong angles here for Raymond. Second off a layoff, stepping up in class. The class move is interesting as it ran in a claimer off the layoff, and now with a race under its belt it is no longer available for the claim. Seems well meant.

3-42,-$953

Sat 1/5/19

Crossed the -$1000 threshold yesterday. A little alarming in such a short time. Gotta start cutting into it soon…

Race 4
$20 win #3 Mulled Line 6/1
$2 DD 3/3,5,10
$1 P3 3/3,5,10/10

First time over the course went like all Gonzalez’ starters so far; in contention but no move when it counted. Hopefully second time over is the way to go.

Race 5
$20 win #5 Union Ranks 15-1
$2 exbx 5/3,10
$2 DD 3,5,10/10
Sinkiewicz excels in dirt routes here, but has two entered. Gonna go with the longer one and hope for the best.

Race 6
$20 win #10 Perp 8-1
Was it’s first start of meet the real deal, or was last out a true indicator? Who knows but at this price it’s worth a bet to find out.

Race 10
$20 win #3 Legalize It 30-1
$1 exbx 3/ALL

Wetherington’s main angle is off the long layoff. This one doesn’t fit, but she starts so few horses and has such a sick ROI that I feel it’s worth a risk.

Good luck to anyone playing anything today.

4-45, -$1001

4-49, -$1126

Sun 1/6/19

Ochoa starting to bring back his “second over the coursers” so hopefully that’s the trick. He’s been a disappointment since I started following Tampa last year.

Race 3
$20 win #3 My Computer 6-1
$2 Ex 3/ALL

Did the old speed fade last out here, in a dirt route at a huge price. Big cutback in distance to 7F and picks up the better Camacho. Hopefully comes out winging.

Race 10
$20 win #2 Hechicera 12-1
$2 Ex 2/ALL

Horse didn’t run bad first time over the course, after being way wife all the way around. It seems like horse either breaks bad or gets a terrible trip or both. Hopefully Ochoa works those gate problems out at a big price. No named jock helps the payout.

4-49, -$1126

I bet the finale today, with zero confidence.

Race 10
$20 win #1 Lemon Water 9/2
$2 Ex 1/ALL

Arboritanza second time over, slight cutback in distance, dirt to turf. All Arboritanza strong suits. Will it work for once? Who knows???

4-52, -$1198

Saturday 01/12/19

Nightmare meet continues. Need to drastically cut back on exotics until one of these stiffs warms up:

Race 2
$20 win#4 Sister Drama 5-1
$2 DD 4-1
Arboritanza’s first and second timers over the course have been a disaster. Maybe the third timers are the charm? We do get a cutback in distance, which is the trainer’s go to move.

Race 3
$20 win #1 Indy’s Quick Image 20-1

Arboritanza again. Second start of the meet and a stretchout. There’s some trouble noted in its last race, accompanied by a speed fade, so hope it proves sharper today off that effort.

Race 6
$20 win #6 And Won 6-1
$2 DD 6-7
Second time over for Granitz, who’s having his usual steady meet. Price might be a little light withGallardo aboard.

Race 7
$20 win #7 Go to Win 20-1
Gonzalez had her second W of the meet the other day, so maybe she’s heating up. This one has a win at the meet already, now steps up BUT is not up for the claim. Guess the trainer still finds it useful.

4-53, -$1236

Two more second place finishes. Another $84 down the tubes.

Good long thread…

I like when you talk horses with someone they always talk about a bet they made where the horse is still running…

Or if you get a really really old guy they may talk about a race they bet on and a horse hit the barrier fell down and broke its legs so a guy comes out with a shot gun and takes care of it… why is that not on you tube.

Loll. I bet about 50 horses this meet that need that treatment.

Sun 1/13/18
Played two today, again with zero confidence:

Race 4
$20 win #8 JP Hellish 15-1
$2 exbx 4-8
Arboritanza second start of meet, dirt to turf. His horses are running like shit but he pulled the same act last year, then came on strong. ROI hard to ignore.

Race 8
$20 win #10 Barrel of Destiny 20-1
$2 exbx 9-10
Granitz vs some very big names in here. His horses continue to run well, with one just missing yesterday. This horse goes first time for Granitz, after being in the care of perennial NY loser Hertler. Granitz will definitely improve the horse eventually.

4-54, -$1320

Wed 1/16/19
Played two today:

Race 6
$20 win #3 Delta Levy 9/2
$1 P3 3/ALL/4

Granitz barn has been steady. This horse should be sharper today, going second off a two month layoff. The start off the layoff was good, but horse started it’s rally from too far back. Hoping today it’s around midpack after the tightener.

Race 8
$20 win #4 Pure Praise 6-1
$2 Exbx 4/6,9,10

Ran a great race going first time turf for Lerman. Was a speed/fade, but you can see the horse really battling during the fade. Hope the game plan today is to go out winging.

4-56, -$1368

Friday 1/18/19

Much to like about today’s card, which is a little scary when stuck 1400. But I’m in this deep, gonna keep firing until one of these fuckers heats up:

Race 1
$20 win #7 Well Composed 10-1
$2 DD 7-2
$1 P3 7/ALL/1
Raymond horse looks for two in a row while stretching out. Appears to be in good form with the right running style for Tampa. Raymond has been uncharacteristicly quiet so far.

Race 2
$20 win #2 Resident 10-1
Ochoa horse goes for three in a row, while maintaining the top jock. Looks like the horse can stalk or try to wire. Either way, horse looks fit.

Race 3
$20 win #1 Soby Junior 20-1
$2 DD 1-8
Going third time over for Arboritanza, and that’s when the trainer really started clicking last meet. Throws in a stretchout as well. Good ROI with all distance moves. No name jock helps price.

Race 4
$20 win #2 Babie Monster 8-1
$2 Ex 2/ALL

Arboritanza again with another stretchout, going second time over. If him or Ochoa get hot, I’ll put a serious dent in the figure.

Race 9
$20 win #2 Hot Toddy 10-1
$2 exbx 2-9
.50c tri 2,9/ALL/2,9

Arboritanza, second start, this time with a slight turn back. The turnback is the strongest of his distance movers.

Good luck, folks!

4-58, -$1429

Hope you start hitting some good scores as your minus balance is growing…

I want you to win man, now go fix a race and get the other horses to drink up before the race or hit some with crow bars… start some type of advantage…

Good Luck

I’m Giving serious thought to the crow bar suggestion…

Sat 1/19/19

Race 4
$20 win #4 Ultimate Avary 10-1
$2 exbx 4/1,6,7,8

Ryan’s horse’s running well and this one comes off a speed/fade type effort last out here. That was off a two month layoff so hoping for sharper today.

Updated Record: 4-58, -$1627

Race 6
$20 win #3 Henry’s Bend 10-1
$2 exbx 3-9
In a race full of big named invaders, going with a horse that’s stabled here. Greatly improved when stretched to a route last out, now heads to the weeds to give that a go. Currently being ignored, but has the experience edge on most here

Played a few Correas horses the rest of the way. He usually shows up with a good one or two on these big days:

Race 8
$20 win #6 Pop By 12-1
$2 exbx 2-6
$2 DD 2,6/2,5
$1 P3 2,6/2,5/4

Race 9
$20 win #5 Gold Credit 6-1
$2 exbx 2-5

Race 10
$20 win #4 Chief of Joy 9/2
$2 Ex 4/ALL

Bloodbath

The Pony’s are really giving you some grief…

I don’t have real advice but if something is not working then take a break or trade in for something new that does…

Best wishes