HOME PROMOTIONS FORUM RESOURCES
RULES ABOUT

Go Back   Sports Forum Picks > THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL ROOM

Old 12-07-2017, 08:33 PM   #16
luke21
Full Fledged Degenerate

luke21 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PLAYOFF SELECTION BULLSHIT

Agree Tennessee is shit......just glad we didn't have to play B10 powerhouses Indiana, Rutgers, Maryland, Nebraska, Illinois,etc.
luke21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:56 PM   #17
Astros
Mac Daddy Pimp

Astros is on a distinguished road

I like the comparison to the 2015 Buckeyes, BuckeyeDoug. The only game OSU lost was to Sparty by a score of 17 to 16 I think. That game Zeke got like 10 carries. Meyer had more to do with stopping Zeke than MSU. Had that team snuck into the playoffs rather than the 2016, I think they had a good chance to win and repeat. There was a ton of NFL talent on that team most notably, Elliott. Since Bama snuck in this year, I think it is very possible that Bama wins the championship. In fact, they are a slight favorite to do so. I already bet them at +190 to do it. If they get by Clemson, they will be a pretty big (4 to 6 points, maybe?) favorite against UGA or OU.
Astros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:18 PM   #18
BuckeyeDoug
Mac Daddy Pimp

BuckeyeDoug is on a distinguished road

HaHa... They are all shit too. Three of these had very good out of conference wins considering their level of shit. In fact Purdon't smacked Mizzou who I thought came on late to have a good finish. In any case the decent wins this list of shit teams had is part of why Ohio State's schedule was considered so much stronger. The Big 10 changing to 9 games has just knocked them out of some bowl games.

However SOS is not everything. Bottom line is Vegas had your boys and my boys 1 and my boys 2. Both almost choked it away. Bama has a chance to redeem itself.

Plus USC is not a bad consolation and really OSU should feel punished for that out of character game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke21 View Post
Agree Tennessee is shit......just glad we didn't have to play B10 powerhouses Indiana, Rutgers, Maryland, Nebraska, Illinois,etc.
BuckeyeDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:28 PM   #19
BuckeyeDoug
Mac Daddy Pimp

BuckeyeDoug is on a distinguished road

Well I heard a Vegas guy on Arnie Spanier's show the night after all the conference championship games. He suggested in all of Vegas internal polling that Alabama and Ohio State were 1 and 2, so frankly I'm surprised they aren't favorites.

Bama 2017 has the same thing going for it OSU 2014 did... No respect... Backup QB? Wisconsin favorite... Wow impressive win Bucks you get spot 4 against Bama and 10 point dog. Oh you beat 'Bama? Now you get to play Oregon who gets 50 on everybody (Same thing they said RoseBowl 2009). Being an underdog can help with the right coach, I mean how often is Saban underdog?

I loved Oklahoma going in. They lost a stud.

Alabama has me rethinking Clemson right now.... Time to think with wallet, not heart...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astros View Post
I like the comparison to the 2015 Buckeyes, BuckeyeDoug. The only game OSU lost was to Sparty by a score of 17 to 16 I think. That game Zeke got like 10 carries. Meyer had more to do with stopping Zeke than MSU. Had that team snuck into the playoffs rather than the 2016, I think they had a good chance to win and repeat. There was a ton of NFL talent on that team most notably, Elliott. Since Bama snuck in this year, I think it is very possible that Bama wins the championship. In fact, they are a slight favorite to do so. I already bet them at +190 to do it. If they get by Clemson, they will be a pretty big (4 to 6 points, maybe?) favorite against UGA or OU.
BuckeyeDoug is offline   Reply With Quote