HOME PROMOTIONS FORUM RESOURCES
RULES ABOUT

Go Back   Sports Forum Picks > THE NFL FOOTBALL ROOM

Old 06-04-2018, 09:28 PM   #1
jimmythegreek
The Boss

jimmythegreek is on a distinguished road
Default RIP DWIGHT CLARK

Dwight Clark, former 49ers receiver and playoff hero, dies at 61 after battle with ALS

Clark, 61, known for 'The Catch,' opened up about his battle with ALS almost exactly a year ago

Sean Wagner-McDough (cbsssportsline.com)

Dwight Clark, the former receiver of the San Francisco who famously made "The Catch," has passed away just over a year after opening up about his battle with ALS. He was 61.
Clark's wife, Kelly, wrote a message on Clark's Twitter account to share the news of his passing.
"I'm heartbroken to tell you that today I lost my best friend and husband," she wrote. "He passed peacefully surrounded by many of the people he loved most."

Clark, a 10th-round pick (249th overall) out of Clemson in 1979, played for the 49ers from 1979-1987. During his career, he caught 506 passes for 6,750 yards and 48 touchdowns. In the playoffs, he added 48 receptions, 726 yards, and three touchdowns. None were more memorable than his 6-yard touchdown catch in the back of the end zone against the Cowboys in the 1981 NFC Championship Game. Now known as "The Catch" Clark and Joe Montana's touchdown sent the 49ers to Super Bowl XVI, where they defeated the Bengals. In all, Clark won two Super Bowls with the 49ers.

In May 2017, Clark revealed that he had ALS which is also known as "Lou Gehrig's disease."
"I've been asked if playing football caused this," he wrote in May 2017. "I don't know for sure. But I certainly suspect it did. And I encourage the NFLPA and the NFL to continue working together in their efforts to make the game of football safer, especially as it relates to head trauma.
"What I do know is I have a huge battle in front of me and I'm grateful for the strength and unconditional love from my wife Kelly. She has been my rock. She keeps thinking positive and convinces me each day that we can beat this, as does my daughter Casey and my son Mac. My brother Jeff, his wife Debra and their family also have been unwavering with their love and support."
Old 06-05-2018, 08:38 AM   #2
bigbenny
The Boss

bigbenny is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RIP DWIGHT CLARK

such a shame young guy great player enjoyed him in games RIP dwight
bigbenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:05 AM   #3
sportsguy
The Boss

sportsguy is on a distinguished road

Watched a high lights real on him..

Those guys looked like could play with broken bones and not flinch..

RIP
Old 06-05-2018, 10:49 AM   #4
gameday
Full Fledged Degenerate

gameday is on a distinguished road

A Clemson hall of Famer and a really nice guy.RIP
gameday is online now   Reply With Quote