HOME PROMOTIONS FORUM RESOURCES
RULES ABOUT

Go Back   Sports Forum Picks > NBA BASKETBALL

Old 06-05-2017, 05:48 AM   #1
Patrick6
Full Fledged Degenerate

Patrick6 is on a distinguished road
Default NBA finals talk........

Man I almost hate to have to say this! I know the BOSS said that this sweep is not going down, However this is going to be a sweep in my 👀. I can't on paper or with my eyes see how the cavs even pull one game. Yes LBJ is the best player on the planet. I know I know in the NBA that matters more then any other team sport period. However the 3rd Q in this game has solidified the fact in my mind it's not just over but a sweep and undefeated playoffs for GS. It's history and I don't see how it does not happen. I bet over/unders and first half bets on the NBA as it's documented here and one or two times pull a -7.5 GS win or whenever the books give out some free money. . I am also looking at the numbers go from -3 to -2.5 GS and looking at a o/u of 225.5.... How in the hell if the over hits do GS not win? I'm of the opinion that the under hits in game 3 as the zebras will have their lungs at full blast. However is it a trap that the line is moving south? I may parlay the under and the -2.5 in game 3. Not pulling the trigger but I should as the o/u is going to drop. Damn I know I'm just blabbering on but I feel like my eyes and numbers are going to make me money but we have until Wednesday so as a family I'd like to talk it out!

Ps facts I don't mean to buck your call but shit it looks likes hell on wheels for GS!
Old 06-05-2017, 01:25 PM   #2
Barroom Hero
Certified Pimp

Barroom Hero is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NBA finals talk........

Let me preface by saying I'm not a basketball fan at all. I pretty much will only watch the finals and a few marquee match ups during the season, so I won't pretend to know much about it. However, I do feel I know enough about betting to know that Cleveland will win game three, or at least cover. Here's why:

Turn on ESPN and every dumb fuckin' 'expert' will tell you this series is over. Golden State is going to get swept. LeBron no longer the best player in the NBA. And a million other stupid statements that hold no water.

Last year was the exact same thing. Look, I know they added KD and that is huge, but Cleveland still has some elite players too. Here is the most important stat to me:

Last year after two games, Golden State outscored Cleveland by a combined 47 points after the first two games. This year, they outscored them by a combined 41. Look, that still sucks, but the public and all these analysts are all prisoners of the moment.

The books come out with a line at anywhere for GS @ -2.5 to -3. The public will see this and think the "OMG, lock of the century. Cleveland has no chance. I'll sell everything I own and take this free money." As of right now. %75 percent of bets are on GS. This tells me the book is basically betting on Cleveland here and are going to make a lot of money. This doesn't happen very often, as we all know the books makes money by getting equal money on both sides of the number, but there are rare situations like this one where they are baiting people into the -2.5 line. The book doesn't make mistakes very often and they sure as fuck aren't going to make an error on the only NBA game on the docket.

Look, I fuckin' hate LeBron, but he is still the best in the NBA. Kyrie hasn't showed up yet this series but he has shown that he can be absolutely clutch. He shoots %5 percentage points higher @ home than on the road. So does Kevin Love. Korver shoots %4 better at home. LeBron %3 better.

The beauty of sports is that absolutely anything can happen and I could be dead wrong about Cleveland winning game three. Golden State may very well sweep the series and beat Cleveland by 50 in each of the next two games. No such thing as a sure bet. But I might sell my mother into the sex trafficking trade and put that money on Cleveland for game three. I agree that Golden State will win the series, probably in 5. But Adam Silver is going to have a nice conversation with the refs before Game three in make sure that if the boys from Oakland so much as breathe on LeBoron he is going to the charity stripe.

As I said, just my two cents. I like to hear how everybody approaches these things and hope that more members in the forum post their thoughts and opinions.
Barroom Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:49 PM   #3
bigbenny
The Boss

bigbenny is on a distinguished road

ill add my 2 cents here I'm a nba guy a fan love basketball all the BS you here
from others is just that bullshit. golden state is better team in all phases of the game. they turn it on and off just like the faucet in ur house.
golden state wins the series period yes yes.
the shit about adam silver telling the refs to do this and that is BS where does this crap originate from its crazy. its all hype the stories and the jerks believe it too.
bigbenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:50 PM   #4
Patrick6
Full Fledged Degenerate

Thanks barroom hero! Just the kind of conversation I am looking for!
Old 06-05-2017, 04:51 PM   #5
Patrick6
Full Fledged Degenerate

So bigbenny you think the sweep is in play here?
Old 06-05-2017, 04:54 PM   #6
bigbenny
The Boss

bigbenny is on a distinguished road

I didn't say sweep I said golden state takes it period I don't know how many games.
bigbenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:32 PM   #7
Double R
Full Fledged Degenerate

Double R is on a distinguished road

Cavs. .win game 3... I like it.
Double R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:38 PM   #8
mikeymo7
Full Fledged Degenerate

mikeymo7 is on a distinguished road

I like cavs in game 3 money line
mikeymo7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:56 PM   #9
Patrick6
Full Fledged Degenerate

I mean the number looks good! That's no lie!
Old 06-06-2017, 06:24 PM   #10
RalphieBoy
Full Fledged Degenerate

RalphieBoy is on a distinguished road

Compare this years finals to a couple years back when San Antonio had the heartbreaking loss to miami in the finals and came back next year and wiped the floor with miami. I remember before the series the year miami lost, Shane battier kept talking about the defensive metrics being poor and how the heat werent the same defensive team as the year before. U are what the numbers say u are.

Same situation this year with cleveland and GoldenState. After the heartbreaking loss, Golden state is refocused and retooled and Cleveland defensive metrics are shyt.

That is the most recent and most relevant series to compare this year to and u know those results. I dont expect much different.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:30 AM   #11
Patrick6
Full Fledged Degenerate

3/1 on the series and still feel the sweep is well in order even more so now that the 16/0 is on the line!

Bookmaker is at -6.5 GS and O/U @ 228.5...........O/U will drop! Heads up!
Old 06-08-2017, 06:34 PM   #12
RalphieBoy
Full Fledged Degenerate

I think moneyline looks nice for the hometeam, if u hadnt yet this might be the time to jump on Facts play
Old 06-08-2017, 07:40 PM   #13
gunner17
Full Fledged Degenerate

gunner17 is on a distinguished road

I think it's time to say YES ON THE SWEEP. CLEVE DIDNT GIVE UP LADT YEAR!!! BUT GUESS WAT?

THIS YEAR. YES YES YES THEY HAVE

A NEW RECORD TO ADD TO THE BOOKS A CLEAN POST SEASON SWEEP.

1ST N PROB LAST TIME EVER FOR A POST SEASON

SWEEP

SWEEP

N FINALS SWEEP
gunner17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 03:04 PM   #14
RalphieBoy
Full Fledged Degenerate

So many years in the playoffs u will see the higher seed up 3-0 and take their foot off the gas so the weaker team wins a meaningless home game. Its different in the early rounds of course and after what Goldenstate experienced last year u can expect max effort tonight. Still u already see Cleveland is competative at home.

Not trying to be a hero but i like the number. If this game was played 3 times over would Cleveland win once? I think they would. Im trying CLEVELAND +200

lets see of i can stay awake past halftime. At the very least i will get a hell of a rollercoaster ride tonight
Old 06-09-2017, 06:37 PM   #15
Patrick6
Full Fledged Degenerate

I am of the opinion that this is a HUGE game for GS! 16/0 and gentlemen it's payback to LJ and the comeback they hit GS with last year. GL however anyone plays it!